10/03/2010

Last year, one of my hubby's Grandads sadly passed away. And as an Easter pressy my Mother-in-law wanted me to make a scrapbook page of the two of them to frame and give to Nan.
This photo was edited to make the background black & white, so that they stood out a little more, and I took the gorgeous blue colour from Nan's dress and used it through the flowers.





It was quite difficult and even quite stressful making something for family. I spent hours choosing the right colours and patterns, and it was ages before I dared to stick anything down.

The cream card with the verse on it was from Grandad Johns funeral, and the words are so perfect, no title is needed. I just really hope Nan likes it!

3 comments:

  1. i come to your blog all the time but i don't often comment - this layout is STUNNING, such beauty on such a difficult photo - beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so gorgeous - the perfect amount of distressing!! Fantastic job - what a beautiful keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine that she won't LOVE it! What a beautiful page and tribute to somebody who was obviously well loved.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all comments left...Thank you :-)