22/04/2010

opinions please....

I made this LO today, whilst little man slept. Knowing I only had a short while, I rushed it a bit. Now I think it still needs something, but don't know what. Or do I just leave it and avoid the risk of overdoing it? It just doesn't seem quite finished to me....so I am leaving it to you to help me decide. I trust your professional opinions!



And a bit of blurb about the page...I used a Prima calligraphy stamp, and white acrylic paint to add detail to the background....I stitched the word 'teddy' onto a piece of felt and cut it out (maybe it is that the title is too casual for the rest of the page?) ....and I distressed the photo by sanding the edges until they were white. On some photo papers, the top layer will actually peel away as you sand, leaving you with a slightly torn look too, which I love but this wasn't going to happen with this paper :(
I really appriciate any comments, not just on this post but all of my posts. You are all a fabulous source of confidence and inspiration, and I am grateful to every single one of you (even if I just don't say so enough!)

11 comments:

  1. No I think it is gorgeous as it is and I LOVE the title. It is so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it the way it is Lou, don't touch a thing especially the cool felt title!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its fab. A really tactile layout - fits the subject matter so well. It is understated but with enough little details to draw the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goregous layout, I love the title it's great! It is annoying when you are not sure about a layout but then other people love it! It doesn't need changing it's great the way it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love it too - beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous - definitely keep it as it is hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a stunning layout. I think it maybe needs a little something at the left hand side of the photo just to balance the title a little bit. Feel free to call me a cheeky so and so, I don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its absolutely stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the way it is ! Lovely !

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all comments left...Thank you :-)