28/01/2011

Nana & You

The last Otley crop I went to, I did manage to complete three layouts, but unfortunatly I was only really happy with one of them! I wonder if it is the pressure of other people being about to see what you are creating, whilst you are doing it that makes me unable to relax and 'perform'!


Still, this is the one I was happy with...the photo looks old but it is of my Mum and Daughter on a beach in Jersey, when they went on holiday last August. I used a mix of 'pound shop' flowers, and more pricey Prima ones.


I also cut up a Maya Road envelope, and 'doctored' it so that it wrapped around my photo.


I couldn't find a & sign to match my other title letters, so I improvised with a white one and some brown stickles!


The flowery panel is part of a Basic Grey Doilie, but I usually use them as complete backgrounds. I thought the colour went really well with the rest of the page, but too much would detract from the detailed flowers.


This folded over corner effect I saw (and loved!) on a page by Emma Trout. If you haven't heard of her before her pasges are amazing and so detailed, there is certainly something for every style of scrapper within her designs!


This top edge I felt needed a little more detail so I added some eyelets using my new-ish Crop-a-dile and some ric-rac ribbon.


I shall share my 'not so good' pages from this crop soon x

3 comments:

  1. oh my, thank you so much for the link :) .. I'm hooked LOL. I'm still impressed that you managed 1 layout you love, let alone 3 at a crop ... all I manage to do at a crop, is chat, chat and more chat LOL. I love the fact you've mixed some £ flowers with the more expensive, it works so well. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lou!
    Thank you for your kind words about my workd. I really appreciate it :D

    Your layouts are beautiful. Love that turned corner...it finishes off the page beautifully.

    Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page Lou...gorgeous little details and colour combinations. lets see the rest...karen x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all comments left...Thank you :-)