16/02/2011

Prima Feb BAP

As I bought myself some yummy new Prima 'Botanicals' Papers the other day, I thought I would have a go at their February Build-a-Page...


I cut out a heart from some plain cardstock, and covered it in wet glue. I then randomly stuck down some small red flowers until the whole shape was covered. When it was dry, I spritzed it lightly with brown glimermist to tone down the brighter red shades. Lastly I added some brown pearls and gems to some of the flower centers.

I wanted to give my page balance by having some of the grey colour (see the gate shape below) in my title. I used some raw chipboard letters and very gently dabbed an old black inkpad onto the letters I needed until they were the shade I wanted.


This frame is actually from Kaisercraft but the colours went well with the creams and browns, and I wanted to focus in on 'the kiss'!

I also needed to balance the strong red of the flowered heart, so I added this red date tab.



...and this was Prima's sketch!

5 comments:

  1. I love this page layout. It is gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

    Sincerely

    Donna Scrapp'n Nana

    http://scrappnana.blogspot.com/

    www.mycmsite.com/dmdegraw want to look, I would love you too.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all comments left...Thank you :-)