21/03/2011

Altered Book...

My daughter is a total bookworm...fact! So it is no suprise that I have loads of photos of her either reading or being read to! A simple scrapbook page didn't really seem enough to house all the photos I have so I decided to try altering a book instead...

I searched the charity shops for some old books and only found 4 suitble, from 8 shops! This one I chose to use was made in 1931! I couldn't decide between adorning it with pretty colourful flowers, or old twigs and leaves so I used both. The twigs are 'sprouting' up from inside the spine of the book. The leaves attached are really old Prima ones I have, but have no idea where I got them!

The fence was die-cut them embossed to make it slightly metalic, although I made sure is wasn't shiny and new looking! I added bookmarks made from packaging, a metal charm, a metal cage with text inside, and even berries made by sticking Prima E-line pearls together!

The photos that I chose to use are stapled on to hold them securely, and most other things are held with hot glue.
The whole thing is mounted on a circle of strong cardboard. I used three sticks of hot glue and burnt myself four times!!!
If you watch the slideshow, you will see the little details. I even made a tiny little book, and bound it with thin twine to sit in a little basket! Cute or what!?!


Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. I'm truly blown away by this ... really it's awesome, and trust me, that's a word I think is far too often over used, but not on this occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fantastic creation & a lovely piece for display xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea! I might just try this one. both my kids are book worms. Thanks! Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is going to be no room left in your house soon! Lovely idea though. Well done you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing. I just love it. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all comments left...Thank you :-)