28/12/2011

Top Eleven of 2011

As promised, I am going to show you my favourite eleven creations of this year. They are not all Scrapbook pages, as you will see, and I have really enjoyed making off the pages pieces this year too.
Firstly this is a 7 gypsies notebook I altered for my Mum on her birthday. Unfortunately my Step-Dad was diagnosed with cancer this time last year, and she had so many appointments, medications and other things to try to remember for him, she needed somewhere to jot them all down, but needed the notebook to be small enough to fit in her bag. I added some Fancy Pants journal cards inside to to extend the amount of pages.
This I created at the Papermaze crop one saturday. The base of the page was clear acrylic, and I distressed loads of bookpages and corrugated card to mount the photo and embelishments on.
I adore the colours blue and green together, so along with this impromptu photo of my son, and quirky title, this page made mostly with Prima products, is one of my favourites.
For this page I completely abandoned my love of white space and smothered my page with layers, blooms and swirls. I used a large photo and that blue/green/white colour combo again!
This has to be my absolute fave Layout. It stands on an easel in my bedroom. It is one of my favourite photos of my daughter, along with real twigs and a sweeping cluster of floers in loads of bright colours. I even love the faint brickwork pattern on the background :)
Suprise suprise, heres the blues and greens again, but with bold monotones, I like the way the kaisercraft wooden swirls frames the cut out photo.
This is another page with a see through base, using a sheet of acrylic and a BasicGrey doily page. It is really simple but again, with those colours it was sure to be a winner with me!
This page, as was the one below, was created for Imaginarium Designs with some of their gorgeous chipboard pieces. Two completely different pages...
...and I could never get bored of scrapping this photo :)
These were my Daughters birthday tea invitations. I embossed white cardstock and used greens and lilac as accent colours.
Finally, also hanging up in my home, is the heart shaped wooden frame. It was actually a chalkboard but I placed the large photo in the center and grunged up the frame as much as I could, keeping it masculine.
I hope you've enjoyed seeing my favourites of this year, and who knows, maybe things will calm down soon so I can get some new creations posted!
Have a Happy New Year everyone xx

3 comments:

  1. Simply love all your fav choices Lou. You have such talent my girl. Sorry to here your children have been hit by the pox, still at least it means no time off school, tho pants for the christmas hols.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Lou. I sooo love every single one of them. Just beautiful.
    Cheers Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Louise! I can't criticise you for not blogging, mine has been a bit dead since September too, lol! x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all comments left...Thank you :-)