17/04/2012

The ScrapCake April Challenge...

Just lately I have been working with some new papers from The ScrapCake for Papermaze. This means that I cannot show those layouts I created until they go live on the Papermaze blog :-(
However, I enjoyed using the papers so much that I went on over to the ScrapCake Blog and discovered that they have a Challenge running at the moment. There are some FREE printables for each the their new designs...so I just had to take part!

I choose to print off the 'My Private Happiness' tags and elements and this is what I created...
I printed off my chosen sheet twice as an A4 piece, then once really large so that I could use the turquoise frame to hold the photo.

 I noticed in the elements I printed off, that there was some tartan styled patterns, so  tried to copy this onto my background with threads in two different colours. I wanted to keep it fairly pale so that the embellishments on top remained the focus..makes a difference to the usual paint splatting I do!


 The butterflies are beautiful but I thought they stood out more by having grey card stock layered behind.


 I used white Prima leaves, and some large pale roses I picked up from a local events shop recently. I cut out the sections from the filmstrip and placed corrugated card behind.


I enhanced the frame by adding eyelets to each of the dots around the edge. This silver then co-ordinated with the silver safety pin I used on the large butterfly!


 To take part in The ScrapCake's April Challenge, click HERE to be taken over to the blog.

And since I can't resist...here are some sneek peeks of the four other layouts I have created using ScrapCake papers, which will soon be up on the Papermaze Blog....




8 comments:

  1. Lou totally LOVE your page for the challenge! Gorgeous elements and your sneak peeks look fab, can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All this stuff you're posting is gorgeous! Not that it isn't always, but your new start must be doing wonders for your mojo! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally stunning projects!!! So inspiring! Thanks for participating in our The ScrapCake challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful LO, I am charmed, sewing are brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  5. rhoo i love your page so much and i hope you'll win this challenge eventhough i participated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!!
    Your Layout is amazing, so inspiring!
    Please to meet you, Julia Sáddi - Brazil

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all comments left...Thank you :-)