10/06/2012

Something a bit different...

This week over at The Color Room the palette is a mix of browns, creams and golds. So it got me thinking...how about doing a layout on wood rather than cardstock...and then I spotted this clipboard looking very lonely at work, waiting to be put up for sale! It was perfect, and it made me have to think in a different way altogether given that it is not 12" x 12".

 I started spritzing and splatting on the background, but of course the hardboard was just repelling all water based inks I used, so I had to clear heat emboss all my paint splatters to make them hold! Then I got messy with the moulding paste and some white acrylic paint. I planned on having quite a bit of white space but it didn't turn out quite so...I got a bit carried away with the background!

 I love photo booth and filmstrip style photos so this was the perfect opportunity to use one. 


 To tone down some of the ink and paint on my background, I added corrugated card letters in a similar colour to the clipboard. As this was a 'Jekyll and Hyde' themed piece, I was free to use flowers with metal cogs and really mix up and contradict the theme.
 I really, really enjoyed doing this piece, and am now thinking of buying another one do do with my daughters photos....

5 comments:

  1. Wow! this is quite amazing Lou. Fabulous project x

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool and certainly different :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Amazing! Love it - and totally intend to scraplift this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lou,
    I am a new follower of yours. I've popped over from CSI and found your awesome blog.
    Love your work. This project is awesome.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is amazing! Such a creative project and your design and details are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all comments left...Thank you :-)