27/09/2012

CSI #38

Do you ever create a layout that begins difficult and you feel like giving up...and then it suddenly falls together. Well that happened with this layout.
You see, when I play along with challenges, such as C.S.I., I try to fit in as much of the criteria as possible. But really, you only need a couple of elements on your page to complete the challenge. So I chose just a few of the criteria, ones which I was comfortable putting together, and I stuck with just those.

 For this challenge, I used the evidence: Flowers, Woodgrain, Misting, Borders and Newsprint.
And for my testimony, I chose to use words from the Lionel Richie song 'Easy' which are in my title '...I wanna be free...'
 My journaling describes my sons constant need for freedom, and how hard it has been for me to let hm have it...
  'From the moment you were born you struggled with being restrained.
Swaddling you, putting a nappy on you, strapping you in your car-seat or buggy…you would fight me
every time.
Once you were crawling you would spot an open door a mile off, and by the time you could walk you could easily climb over stair gates.
Like any mother however, I just want to keep you close. The fear of what might happen if I let you go do your own thing petrified me.
Now you are 4 years old.
You are allowed to go to the park with your sister, and you are in full time school.
I have had to let you go so you can blossom, grow and learn, but I know that however much freedom you have, you will always come back to me when you’ve had your fun.
Because you’ll always be my little boy.'

Here is the Case File I was working from....
Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. love the layout and beautiful journaling

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Lou! I have been having trouble finishing my LO for CSI #38 too....But you've done an amazing job with this. Love your heartfelt journalling and can totally identify with it! Thanks for sharing such lovely, personal sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all comments left...Thank you :-)