25/10/2012

Whilst cooking dinner...

...I managed to whip this up! I have had a roll of hessian and some corrugated card laying around for a while, and been desperate to get playing with it so whilst I was burning dinner I decided to have a 'quick play' which turned into a full on layout being completed :)


So I started by slapping some Gesso all over the centre of the hessian and spreading it out thinly. This left the pale base I wanted but with that lovely texture.
Next I cut a heart shape from the corrugated card and painted the raised pieces with wite acrylic before inking and distressing the edges. I think I actually painted or gessoed just about everything before I stuck it down!  


Under the heart was a spritz or two of blue, and a couple od paint drips of pink. I also did this in the top corner to balance it out.

 You may just be able to see I cut Phoebes silohette out from the photo so I could tuck the Prima Resin wings just underneath her as they didnt quite look right sat on top of the photo.

Thanks for looking :-)

24/10/2012

I love new products!

Happy Wednesday everybody! I hope you are all having a good week.
Today I have a page I can actually share! Yesterday at work I was pricing up and putting out some new Pink Paislee Portfolio papers and embelishments and I just knew I had to have some!


So home they came with me (I did leave a little in the shop for the customers!) and I set to work with them straight away...

I used a lot of Dusty Attic Chipboard on my page too, mostly painting it to suit.

22/10/2012

Sorry for the wordless posts and mixed up photo orders! My PC has decided this morning would be its last...and have you ever tried writing up blog posts on an iPad? Well, they sort of end up like these! I'll be back soon with a proper post, but for now these are just some pics of  some of my recent pages using plenty of Dusty Attic chipboard that Papermaze has just stocked up on :-)









Slow down...






06/10/2012

CSI #40

Damn you CSI! Just when I think I should be getting some work done, there you go releasing another gorgeous case file for me to have a go at!

 I played with mists...lots of them! I tried watering down my paper first too for the delicate, muted colour in the background :) so much fun!
 This big flowers was a real green, but with some more mist, I managed to yellow it up to fit in with the colour scheme.

 I used the number 7's on the background as thats how old Izabelle is.


 ...and heres the whole case file :)

05/10/2012

My Creative Scrapbook...first DT work :)

I've sat on this for almost a month now, but I have been asked to join the DT over at My Creative Scrapbook! I am so excited to be working for this kit company...the products in their kits are right up my street!
So here are my first four projects I created using their Limited Edition Kit...



Keep an eye on their blog for a tutorial I wrote up on how I got the brickwork effect here :)


See all the flowers and gorgeous Websters Pages? Sooo me!

PLUS...if you pop over to the blog right now, there is a chance to win this gorgeous prize package! Good luck!

04/10/2012

Time out...

At the moment I am absolutely overloaded with DT work. In fact, I really should be doing some now instead of udating my blog. However, over the years I have learnt that I need to give myself a break between articles and layouts to have a breather and get my head straight. If I slog on through all the work, I tend to get tired and let the quality of what I am making drop. Not good!

So today I was all set to get on with one of the articles for a magazine. But while I was pushing paper around trying to stick to the brief, I found my mind wandering, thinking about a couple of techniques I had seen recently and was desperate to try out! So the commisioned work went away and out came my paints, inks, heat gun etc....


This layout is not for a challenge, DT or magazine. i just created it because I felt like it. The technique i was trying out was the brickwork underneath. It was texture paint with a mask. dry. Spritz heavily with bright ink. dry. finally cover in Gesso and dry again but with a heat gun. The heat makes the thick layers bubble, and cracks of the colour show through.
It sort of worked, although it needs a bit of tweeking but I went and covered most of it up anyway!


For the fabric strips I spritzed some medical quaze and frayed the edges. I added a strip of Tim Holtz Tissue Tape through the centers and stitched it all on my page. With the heat gun I then sealed and singed the edges.

The paint drips were made using  gesso and some mists. I mixed them to make the exact colour I wanted then dripped and dryed each one at a time.

Thanks for looking...now I need to get back onto the work!!!

01/10/2012

CSI #39

Just popping in to show you what I have spent all day doing! It is possibly the layout that has taken me the longest time yet, mostly because of all the inking and painting I did.
This layout is to play along with CSI's Case File no. 39...






Thanks for taking the time to come and look!