01/08/2013

Wedding pieces

I don't make a habit of preparing wedding stationary or table pieces etc, but when a friend or family member is getting married I will make an exception. To be honest, I could make good money from the bigger jobs, but I just can not do the repetitiveness of creating large numbers of the same or similar pieces.
So here are a few pieces I have created this year for special people. First up is an old friend. She really wanted a vintage style wedding, with lace, dusky pinks and platinum colours. She had seem a table plan idea whereby the table plans were set out in different frames, and she also choose to have these altered to fit in with her theme...


 When all the frames were placed together, they did look really lovely. she obviously was good at visualising things!



 
To co-ordinate with these, she wanted small cards to be made for the tables with their numbers on. The idea was that her fiancé had given her a photo book I think when they got engaged, and each page listed the reasons he loved her (sweet!) so she wanted to name each of the tables after one of these reasons, hence the writing on the cards!

 
Next there was a guest book to decorate in the same colours. I used a Dusty Attic chipboard frame and Prima swirls and flowers....
 
 
 

Lastly, she wanted 4 of these. This was after she saw that I had made some for another friends wedding a while before. They are approx. 8" x 8" and are to stand in places such as the buffet table and guest book table. Each has a photo of the couple together. I enjoyed these most as its closest to scrapbooking!


Next, and most recently, I made these pieces for my cousins wedding. She gets married tomorrow!! :-D
 
It is a table plan made with pegs to hold each card. This only had to be changed once...which usually happens for every wedding at some point!
The post box is for the cards at the reception. I had so much fun smothering it in flowers and lace!
Originally the colour scheme was just hot pink, but somehow her fiancé convinced her to change it to pink and purple!
 
 
I also did 70 Order of service's  for this wedding with really simple punched butterflies, and painstakingly punched out 120 of each pink and purple butterflies for her to stick onto her ready printed invites :-)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Lou that's a lot of work.... but so worth it. All the pieces look gorgoeus xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all comments left...Thank you :-)